The Liebster Award
Apparently, the rules for The Liebster Award vary and change over the years, but still have the same basic idea. If you get nominated and accept the nomination, you post on your blog, then nominate other bloggers. This is something new for me as I haven’t heard of this before, but I think this is a neat idea. A “get to know” the community, and to show other blogs that you appreciate them 🙂
The rules that go with this nomination are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
2. Display the pink Liebster Award in your post
3. Answer the questions I posted
5. Nominate 10 other bloggers with up to 200 followers and inform them by commenting on their blog or contacting them
6. Write ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
My questions from Yarn It Up are:
1. What is your favorite craft? I would have to say Crochet.
2. Do you do crafts full time (is it your job)? IF not, what do you do for a living? Well, I don’t actually have a job anymore, I’ve been a SaHM for the past 12yrs, but I’ve been trying to make Crochet my job lately by writing patterns and selling finished items.
3. Who taught you what you know? My maternal Grandmother when I was around 7yrs old first taught me how to crochet.
4. What is your favorite blog? I actually don’t have any one favorite
5. What is your dream? To have my own business selling things I make
6. What country would you most like to visit? Either the UK or Poland
7. What is your favorite book/movie? Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice. Favorite movie: The Phantom of the Opera (ALW 2004)
8. When you were a kid, what did you dream of being as a grown up? Unfortunately, I don’t really remember 😦
9. Do you have pets? What are they and what are their names? Yes, we have 5 cats: Drusilla, Meredeth, Spike, Buffy, and Pickles, 2 white rats: Zombie and Ghost, and a leopard gecko: Shady
10. What is your favorite quote? It’s in the title of my blog:
“Live Peace – Speak Kindness – Dwell in Possibility” ~Amanda Tapping
Amanda Tapping is my favorite actress and favorite person in general. She is a very inspiring and an all around amazing person that I hope to meet one day. This quote of hers is something that I hope to live up to.
Now my 10 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite craft? (yes, I “borrowed” this one, but it’s a good one)
2. How long have you been doing your favorite craft?
3. Do you prefer the city or the country?
4. Do you have any children? If so, how many and their ages? If not, would you want children in the future?
5. Do you have a favorite program on TV?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. Who is the person who inspires you the most? (living or not)
8. What is your dream job?
9. What is your favorite website to visit?
10. Are you a dog or cat person? Neither? All? Or better yet, your favorite animal, otherwise?
This is completely voluntary, only if you want to do this.
I’m not following very many blogs and most of them have been inactive for a very long time.